Bundle Products are groupings of products that are purchased together. For example, let’s say you owned a ski shop and sold equipment, customers could come in and buy each item individually, but it is likely that you would also offer ski equipment packages. A ski equipment Bundle Product could be a selection of skis, bindings, boots and poles sold together at different price points. The price of the ski bundle product would depend on the specific skis, bindings, boots and poles offered within the package.
Within the bundle product, the different choices of items offered are called Bundle Groups. In the ski equipment package example, there would be a bundle group for skis, one for bindings, one for boots and one for poles.
To create a Bundle Products:
- Click on Products on Slatwall toolbar.
- Select Products from the drop-down.
The Products listing screen will display products that have already been created.
- Click on at the top right of the screen
- Select Bundle Product from the drop-down.
The Create Bundle screen will appear.
Product Name* - Add in a product name, this field is required.
Product Code*- Add in a product code that is unique and contains no spaces or special characters, this field is required.
Price* - Add in a price for the bundle group, this field is required. (unless the price will be determined based on the individual SKU price of the products, in which case you would keep the price set to 0. )
Product Type - Keep this set to bundle product
Brand - Select a Brand if there is a brand for the bundle, if not, select None.
Now it is time to add a Bundle Group. Bundle groups are similar items that can be chosen as part of the bundle product.
- Click on to add in the first bundle group.
Start typing in the Bundle Group Type field. If you are looking for an existing Bundle Group Type, select it when it appears in the drop-down as you are typing in the Bundle Group Type text field.
However, if you are adding a new Bundle Group Type (as shown in the screenshot above), once you have added into the field the Bundle Group Type text you would like to add:
- Click the blue and three additional fields will appear:
- Name: This will be auto-filled.
- Type Code: Fill in the type code for the new bundle group type. This should be unique and contain no spaces or special characters. (Right now this is not a required field).
- Type Description: Fill in the description for the new bundle group type, if desired as this is not a required field.
- Click and the group type will be available for the future when creating new bundle groups.
Once the Bundle group type has been set, you must fill in some other fields, shown in the screenshot below.
Min quantity - This defines the maximum quantity of items that can be selected for this group on a per bundle build up basis. Set this to 0 or leave blank if you would like this group to be optional, set this to 1 or greater if an item is required for this group. This defines the minimum quantity of items that can be selected for this group on a per bundle build up basis. Set this to 0 or leave blank if you would like this group to be optional, set this to 1 or greater if an item is required for this group
Max quantity - This defines the maximum quantity of items that can be selected for this group on a per bundle build up basis. Leave blank for unlimited Amount- Depending on what Base Price Adjustment Type you select from the drop-down, you may not need to fill in this field.
Base Price Adjustment Type:
- None - Select this if the bundle group selection doesn’t affect the base price of the bundle product. There will be no Amount field.
- Fixed - This is the fixed amount added to the base bundle product price, add this amount to the Amount field.
- SKU Price - If this is selected, then the sku price of each product selected from the bundle group type will determine what gets added to the total cost of the bundle product.
- SKU Price Percentage Decrease - Select this if the sku price should be discounted by a specific percentage when a bundle group selection is made.
- SKU Price Percentage Increase - Select this if the sku price should be increased by a specific amount when a bundle group selection is made.
Active - Set to yes or no to depending on whether the Bundle Group is active.
Now it is time to find the items that you would like to include in this bundle group.
In the Selections search field, you can use the drop-down to search by All (selected by default) or narrow the search to Product Type, Collections, Brand, Products, and Skus.
Typing text in the Selections Search field will auto-suggest possible matches which will appear in rows below the search box, as shown in the screenshot below.
Include - Click on Include for any items that should be included as choices in the Bundle Group and they will appear to the right in rows.
Exclude - Click on exclude and the items that should be excluded as choices from the Bundle Group will appear to the right in rows.
Once all the selections are made to include or exclude and you are done adding bundle groups to the bundle product:
- Click below the Selections if you are done adding bundle groups.
If you would like to create another bundle group for the bundle product before saving and closing the bundle product:
- Click .
- Fill in the bundle group fields as you did in the previous step.
Once you have finished creating your bundle product with bundle groups, at the bottom of the page click:
- Click this if you would like to immediately add a new bundle product. The bundle just created will be saved to the product listing.
- Click this if you are done with your bundle product and are not adding another bundle product.
Overview of Bundle Product Accordions
Once a bundle product is created, there are a number of accordions that are also created to aid in content population and categorization. Once you have finished adding the bundle product and have returned to the product listing page, more information can be added to the product. The accordions, will appear when the bundle product is re-opened in edit mode, as seen below.
Product Bundle Groups - This accordion is where the product bundle groups added can be found and edited. Additonal product bundle groups can also be added here and existing ones can be deleted if they are not needed.
Sales History - This accordion displays the sales history for the bundle product.
Images - This accordion is where images can be uploaded.
Default images - These are the images that will appear on the front-end.
Alternate images - These are alternate images for the product.
Click on +Add Image and then upload the desired image.
Images may be added here for the bundle product.
Files - Files related to the bundle product may be added here.
Product Description - A product description may be added here.
Listing Pages - This is where the location of the bundle product is set to display in Mura. Clicking the + next to home below Content Title shows the pages listed below home. Clicking the - will collapse the list.
Categories - Bundle Products can have categories assigned to them here. Click the + next to a main category to view sub-categories nested below.
Related Products - Related Products can be selected here.
Product Reviews - Any product reviews for the bundle product will be included here. Product reviews can be left by customers.
Vendors - This is where vendors for the bundle product can be selected.
Product Settings - This is product settings can be edited.
SKU Settings - This where sku settings can be edited.
Comments - This is where comments about the product bundle can be added.
System - This accordion has information such as the product ID and the created and modified data for the product.