Version 4.2 gets some long overdue core functionality such as gift cards, along with a host of technical improvements setting us up for some major new features and UX. On the technical side we've migrated to TypeScript in preparation for future releases of AngularJS. This has also allowed us to make the client-side codebase much more manageable, structures, and modular.
With the new Gift Card functionality you can now sell gift cards that Slatwall will automatically track and manage the balance for. These gift cards can be used on subsequent purchases online with special consideration to the return of items paid for with a gift card. We are really excited to get this feature out into the wild and allow existing Slatwall websites to quickly and easily start selling Gift Cards.
- Internal Gift Card Engine
- Building with Typescript 1.7
- Added Currency To Promotions & Price Groups
- Stock Adjustment Enhancements
- Ability to setup Many-to-Many Collections
- Property Level Security on REST API Read/Write & Collections
- Custom Regex Validation / Error Messages on Custom Attributes
- Ability to use JWT Access Tokens for REST API integration.
- Option Group Enhancement to be Product Type Specific
- Ability to Define Seperate Renewal Skus for Subscription Products.
- Numerous Bug Fixes & Performance Improvements
Version 4.3 & 4.4 will see a lot of work around Pick / Pack / Ship when fulfilling orders including the ability to integrate shipping label printing more easily. We also have some enhanced pricing features right around the corner, including quantity-based pricing.
A New Way to Run Slatwall
If you would like to checkout the latest functionality of Slatwall without installing a full version, hop over to docker hub and run our slatwall-quickstart docker container to see what the new functionality is all about! If you've never used docker, no better time to give it a shot. Just download and install kitematic to search for and run the container.