Price groups are designed to give certain accounts access to special, pre-determined pricing that is different than what is listed on the site. Pricing groups, unlike promotions, are not meant to expire and are tied to specific accounts. No promotion codes are necessary.
To navigate to the Price Groups section of the site:
- Click on Products from the Slatwall toolbar.
- Select Price Groups from the drop-down.
The Price Groups listing screen will appear.
Creating a New Pricing Group
- Click the Products tab in the header and scroll down to Price Groups in the drop-down.
- From the Price Group Listing home screen, you can view all current price groups. Click the button to begin.
On the Create Price Group page:
- Enter the Price Group Name
- Enter a unique Price Group Code.
- Click Save.
- To add a price group rate, click
- Select the desired Rate Type and Amount.
- Amount Off: Items listed below are reduced by the fixed amount entered in the box to the right.
- Percentage Off: Items listed below are reduced by the percentage indicated. Number must not include “%” symbol. If percentage off is chosen, a Rounding Rule must also be applied. A Rounding Rule determines how the discount will be applied if prices are not exact dollar amounts. To create new Rounding Rules, consult the Rounding Rules section of the user guide.
- Fixed Amount: Items listed below will all share the same price.
- Example: If “9.95” is entered into the box to the right, all products added to this price group will display with the price, “9.95.”
- Select the Currency Code.
- Clicking Save will bring you to the page for the price group, where you can select (from the corresponding tabs) the Product Types and/or Products to which the benefits of this price group apply.
Note: If a Product Type is selected on the accordion and added to the price group, (for example let's say you are including all merchandise products) you do not need to also select all individual merchandise products on the Products accordion. Use the Products accordion ONLY if you would like a specific individual product or products, as opposed to the entire product type, to be included in the price group.
- When finished, press Save.