The Vendor Order Manager is used to quickly create, edit, and process vendor shipments. Before creating a Vendor Order, you must first make sure that you have entered the Vendor into Slatwall. For instructions on adding Vendors to Slatwall, visit the Vendors section of Slatwall.
To access the Vendor Orders listing page:
- Click Orders on the Slatwall toolbar
- Select Vendor Orders from the drop-down.
On the Vendor Order page, an administrator can view all vendor orders, past and present, and surface-level details regarding each order. To view details regarding a particular order, click the eye icon next to the desired order. To edit, click the edit icon.
To create a new vendor order:
- Click + Add Vendor Order.
The Create Vendor Order dialog will appear.
- Select the Currency Code from the drop-down.
- Start typing in the Vendor text field and select the correct auto-prompted vendor.
- Type the Order Number.
- Select Estimated Receival date and time, if known, from the calendar.
- Choose the Bill to Location from the drop-down.
- Click Save.
Once an order is saved, a page similar to this one should display.
- To select which products are going to ship and from which location, select the Vendor Order Items accordion and expand it.
You will find a listing of products that are available to add to the Vendor Order. You can use the search box to narrow the results, as shown in the screenshot above.
- Find the skus you would like to add to the vendor order and indicate the Deliver to Location, add the Quantity and the Cost of each sku.
- Click Add Item for each sku you would like to add.
The sku you just added will now appear below Vendor Order Items..
Continue to add items by following the steps above. Once you are finished adding skus to the vendor order, it is time to edit each added sku and add an Estimated Receival date. If known. Do so by clicking on the edit pencil icon to the right of each added SKU. A dialog like the one below will appear.
Add the Estimated Receival and then click Save.
- Particularly worth noting are the Qty. and Qty. Received/Unreceived columns; these will be your primary reference points for determining what portions of an order you are still waiting for from the vendor. This is also the primary reference point for determining whether the vendor has accidentally sent you too much of a particular sku, which is important if you are expected to return excess stock to the vendor. Note: this (return to vendor) is not currently a feature in Slatwall and thus requires manual stock adjustment.
The order is automatically saved, so, if you return to the Vendor Orders listing page, the vendor order will appear in the Vendor Order listing with a status of New.
Receiving the Vendor Order
- Open the Vendor Order by clicking the edit icon
- Click the Actions drop-down and select Receive Vendor Order
The Receive Vendor Order screen will appear.
- Enter the Packing Slip Number, if applicable.
- Enter the Box Count (number of boxes), if applicable.
- Select the Location at which the items have been received.
- Enter the Quantity received. Numbers will automatically adjust depending on your input.
- Click Receive Vendor Order button when complete.